Frequently Asked Questions
- Show All
- About Us
- Making a Booking
- Road Rules and Safety
- Vehicle logistics
What are the age and driver’s license requirements?To rent a car with us, you must be at least 21 years old and hold a valid driver's license. International driver's licenses are also accepted.
What are the road rules in New Zealand?New Zealand has unique road rules and driving conditions. Familiarise yourself with these rules before embarking on your journey.
What Credit Cards does Discount Rentals Queenstown accept?Discount Rentals Queenstown accepts Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Union Pay credit cards. We also accept bank issued Visa or Mastercard Debit cards in place of a credit card, but request a credit card number for security purposes.
What do I do if I have an accident?In the unfortunate event of an accident, please do the following:
- Notify us as soon as possible - phone 0800 16 17 16
- Notify the police if the accident involves injury.
- If possible, prepare a written statement of the facts signed by all parties. If agreement cannot be reached, obtain a copy of the police report.
- Do not make any admission of liability, as this may prejudice your insurance coverage.
- Record full details of all parties and vehicles involved in the accident (drivers name, address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, vehicle registration number, vehicle make/model/year, insurance company, and apparent damage).
- You will need to allow at least 30 minutes to complete a full accident report form when you return the vehicle.
What do I need to bring with me when I hire a vehicle from Discount Rentals Queenstown?You need to bring your current driver licence (and English translation if applicable) and a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Union Pay- not AMEX). A credit card number is held for security purposes. Hire payment can be made by cash, card (credit or debit) or online banking prior to arrival.
What do the prices on your website include?The daily prices on our website are inclusive of unlimited kms, standard insurance, GST and airport pick-up if the booking is 3 days or more.
What driver license requirements are needed to hire a Discount Rentals Queenstown vehicle?To hire a vehicle you MUST have a valid full driver licence written in English, if the licence is not in English an approved translation is required. You must carry your valid licence with you at all times when driving in New Zealand. If you have an International Driving Permit you must also carry your current and valid driver licence. If your overseas driver licence is not in English, you must carry an accurate English translation.
What “extras” does Discount Rentals Queenstown offer?
- Child car seats $40 per hire/ boosters are $35 per hire.
- Luggage Trailers are available from $40 per day.
- Bike Trailers are available from $55 per day.
- Bike Racks are available from $40 per hire.
- Ski racks are available at $45 per hire.
- Ski boxes are available at $95 per hire.
- Snow Chains $40 per hire. Recommended in all vehicles in the winter months