What do I do if I have an accident?bkdevIn the unfortunate event of an accident, please do the following:
- Notify us as soon as possible - phone 0800 16 17 16
- Notify the police if the accident involves injury.
- If possible, prepare a written statement of the facts signed by all parties. If agreement cannot be reached, obtain a copy of the police report.
- Do not make any admission of liability, as this may prejudice your insurance coverage.
- Record full details of all parties and vehicles involved in the accident (drivers name, address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, vehicle registration number, vehicle make/model/year, insurance company, and apparent damage).
- You will need to allow at least 30 minutes to complete a full accident report form when you return the vehicle.
What should I do if the car has a breakdown?bkdevPlease contact us on 0800 16 17 16 For all Non-Mechanical breakdowns you are liable. Non-mechanical breakdowns include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Running out of fuel.
- Refilling the vehicle with the incorrect fuel (eg. using diesel instead of petrol).
- Damage to wheels and/or tyres, including puncture or blown out tyres.
- Losing the keys or locking them inside the vehicle.
- Having a flat battery due to the ignition or lights being left on.
- A breakdown as a result of damage caused in an accident, including salvage.