Frequently Asked Questions
What is the insurance excess with your standard rate?bkdev
- For a driver over 25 and the excess is $2000 for each and every claim
- An additional $500 excess applies if the driver is between 21 and 25 years
- An additional $1000 excess applies if the driver has held a licence for less than 6 mths
What motor vehicle insurance do I receive with Discount Rentals Queenstown?bkdevAll Discount Rentals Queenstown rental vehicles are covered by standard full motor vehicle insurance. The daily rate quoted includes full insurance, with an excess of $2000 for drivers over 25 years. This means that in the event of an accident or damages the maximum amount that the hirer is liable for is $2,000. IMPORTANT NOTE: Operating the vehicle outside of the law invalidates any insurance coverage. ALSO NOTE: if you have travel insurance you may already be covered for the rental car hire excess.
What should I do if the car has a breakdown?bkdevPlease contact us on 0800 16 17 16 For all Non-Mechanical breakdowns you are liable. Non-mechanical breakdowns include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Running out of fuel.
- Refilling the vehicle with the incorrect fuel (eg. using diesel instead of petrol).
- Damage to wheels and/or tyres, including puncture or blown out tyres.
- Losing the keys or locking them inside the vehicle.
- Having a flat battery due to the ignition or lights being left on.
- A breakdown as a result of damage caused in an accident, including salvage.