What do I need to bring with me when I hire a vehicle from Discount Rentals Queenstown?bkdevYou need to bring your current driver licence (and English translation if applicable) and a valid credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Union Pay- not AMEX). A credit card number is held for security purposes. Hire payment can be made by cash, card (credit or debit) or online banking prior to arrival.
What driver license requirements are needed to hire a Discount Rentals Queenstown vehicle?bkdevTo hire a vehicle you MUST have a valid full driver licence written in English, if the licence is not in English an approved translation is required. You must carry your valid licence with you at all times when driving in New Zealand. If you have an International Driving Permit you must also carry your current and valid driver licence. If your overseas driver licence is not in English, you must carry an accurate English translation.
Can anyone other than myself drive the vehicle?bkdevYes, you can nominate additional drivers at no extra cost. All drivers details must be entered on the hire contract form.
How old do you have to be to hire a Discount Rentals Queenstown vehicle?bkdevThe minimum age for hiring with Discount Rentals Queenstown NZ is 21 years old. However, the renter must have a full and valid driver licence. For the Hiace Minibus's the minimum age is 25years.
Cancellation due to Covid LockdownbkdevNO CANCELLATION FEE if cancellation due to COVID lockdown in NZ.
What happens if I want to cancel my booking?bkdevDiscount Rentals Queenstown reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee for the following conditions:
- A 10% cancellation fee applies for cancellations made more than seven days prior to the scheduled start of the rental.
- A 20% cancellation fee applies for cancellations made within seven days of the scheduled start of the rental.
- A 50% cancellation fee applies for a "no show" where we are not informed of a cancellation prior to the scheduled start of hire.
Is a deposit required at the time of reservation?bkdevFor bookings under $1000 Discount Rentals Queenstown does not request a deposit at the time of reservation. Once you booking is confirmed, you will be sent an invoice. Payment can be made before your hire or up to the time of hire. For advance bookings for over $1000 a 10% non refundable deposit is requested.
How do I check Discount Rentals Queenstown hire rates without making a reservation?bkdevSimply fill in the online quote form. We aim to respond to your enquiry within 24hrs.
What information will I need to book a vehicle?bkdev
- Which vehicle option
- Main driver details
- Full name, DOB, home address, drivers licence number and issuing authority
- Mobile phone number
- Names and driver licence details of any additional drivers
- Date and time of pick up and drop off
- If you are being collected at the airport - your flight number for arrival and departure.